Re: gEDA-user: solder jumpers

> Had another idea for a solder jumper:
>
> http://www.delorie.com/pcb/solderjumpers.html

Check with your CM about how they handle non-component
solder.  A "part" like this might require a special setup operation
on the Pick&Place machine, or worse require hand assembly.

You are generally better off putting in a small resistor off some low,
to zero, value.

I just updated a very old design to get rid of solder jumpers and my CM was
about to offer his first born in thanks for seeing them go.

Actually in this design we eliminated configuration jumpers completely, to
gain board space.  The AVR micro we are using has a A/D that we are not
using, so I set it up to read a voltage on a pin during board test, to
pick one of sixteen configurations, and save that setting in EEPROM.
Made a lot of people happy that way,
now only one board is stocked and there is a lot less confusion about
what "jumpers"
were needed for a given configuration in production.