Re: gEDA-user: Deafult gap between copper pin/pad and resist

> When I create a new footprint by hand, the resist gap is defaulted to 3
> mils. Is there any way to change this to be any given number? I must
> allways edit my footprint by hand to change things.

How are you creating them "by hand"?  If you're editing them in pcb,
you need to change the default resist mask for vias.  However, vias by
default are *tented* (no mask opening) so there's no default to set.
So, once you convert the whole footprint, but before you save it -
select it, show the mask layer, and :ChangeClearSize(Selected,=35,mil)
(or whatever diameter you want) or :MinMaskGap(Selected,=5,mil) (or
whatever gap you want)

Note that you can change PCB's internal default by changing MASKFRAME
in the top-level globalconst.h.