Re: gEDA-user: [OFF] high current amplifier

>> [...] I'm having trouble seeing the error.
> [...various people...]

Ah, yes, if you compute the number of pounds you have and then think -
or inadvertently tell your aircraft - that number is how many kilograms
you have...yes, I can see the problem now.  It's not clear from the
article whether they fed the aircraft what they knew were pound
figures, not realizing it was expecting kg, or whether they computed
pound numbers but thought they'd computed kg numbers, but the only
difference lies in where the mistake was made - the effect is the same.

In principle this could have been caught at the stop in Ottawa, since
the fuel consumed would not jibe with the amount apparently needed to
refill.  I rather suspect that any discrepancy here would have been
treated as "that's odd, well, let's check out how much we really have
now..." and a repetition of the mistake.  I'm reminded of some stuff I
did for a billing system where I saw a discrepancy of three thousandths
of a cent.  This totally was an ignorably small amount, but it bothered
me enough that I dug until I knew where it came from; after reading
this story, I'm glad I have that tendency.  (It turned out to be
nothing important, in this case, but still.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx