Re: gEDA-user: [OFF] high current amplifier

On Saturday 23 May 2009, Joerg wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:

>>> Small signal, yes. But a 12AX7 won't be enough for a rock concert ;-)
>>
>> And its not even a pentode, its a dual triode, designed for phono preamps
>> and such.
>
>Sorry, I meant something like the 6AU6.

Which fits the general thread idea a lot better.  To me, a 6AU6 is a newer
tube.  6SJ/K7's are middle aged, and the 4X's were popular for small signal &
2A3's for audio output's about the time I was born.  And all are
transconductance pikers compared to a 7788. :)  And my spell checker does not
even recognize the word!

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Remember:  Silly is a state of Mind, Stupid is a way of Life.
-- Dave Butler