Re: gEDA-user: Breadboard drawings with pcb?

John Doty <jpd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You can print using the print.scm from a text terminal or script as
> long as there's an X server for gschem to flash the page on. A minor
> annoyance, I think.

That "minor annoyance" was enough for me to write uschem (from scratch)
to replace gschem.  uschem currently has no GUI at all, in fact there is
no program named "uschem" like gschem, there is only uschem-print which
generates PostScript and uschem-netlist which generates a netlist, both
traditional UNIX-style non-interactive programs intended to run from a
Makefile.  uschem itself is actually a language I have invented for
schematics, not a program.

What's currently missing is uschem-edit, a graphical editor for files in
the uschem language.  Right now I just do vi OSDCU_??.usch, then check
with uschem-print | lpr, which I admit is rather poor when I need to
edit the graphical aspect of my schematics.

MS