gEDA-user: Xvfb allows 'printing' with gschem with a headless server (was: Breadboard drawings with pcb?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xvfb

In one terminal:
Xvfb :3

In another terminal:
DISPLAY=:3
gschem -p -o myschematic-page1.ps -s print.scm myschematic-page1.sch

Xvfb doesn't need any particular hardware resources (screen, video
card, keyboard, mouse), and it allowed the above actions to complete
without the dreaded "Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display".  In my case
I am trying to do the above on a machine I don't have root access on,
where there's already a display server running on :0, so I just picked
a random other display to run Xvfb on.

- Miles