Re: gEDA-user: Database on symbols, footprints and other (was "Re: gattrib")

On May 2, 2010, at 3:11 PM, kai-martin knaak wrote:
I got hurt more than once and pretty badly by data base corruption while working with protel. Loss of several weeks worth layout/schematic design
made me very reluctant when it comes to data bases.

FYI, speaking as someone who works with large, complex databases every day, this is not the norm in the database world. Database corruption is about as common as filesystem corruption in the real database world. The fact that Protel has problems doesn't describe how the rest of the world works...it just says "don't use Protel".

                -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL