Re: gEDA-user: Database on symbols, footprints and other (was "Re: gattrib")

On May 3, 2010, at 8:28 AM, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:

> On Sun, 02 May 2010 22:41:21 -0700, Britton Kerin wrote:
>
>> What I've been thinking of lately is a sort of heavy symbol wiki that
>> people could add to as they create their own project parts like you do.
>
> you mean, like http://www.gedasymbols.org ?
> Technically, it is not a wiki but a CVS repository. Still, it is meant to
> serve almost exactly the purpose you propose. Due to its repository
> nature, it can easily be mirrored on the local hard disk.

Yep. And then if you do that, and update regularly, trivial search commands like:

locate .sym | grep -i max921

will turn up useful symbols wherever they are: the common library, gedasymbols, your old projects...

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx