Re: gEDA-user: Copper-free area in footprint

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Tamas Szabo <sza2king@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My best idea is, that I do it by pads which have a zero width and a
> specified clearance. Unfortunately, those will have a rounded corner, so
> rectangular corner seems impossible (I can reduce the radius, if I make it
> from more pieces, but it never will be zero).

A zero width pad may fail the DRC. Being able to specify keepouts
would be a welcome addition to the footprint file format.

I use the silkscreen to provide keepout hints. Not ideal but it works.

(* jcl *)

--
Closed Tools + Open Files != Open Hardware
You can't create open hardware with closed EDA tools.

twitter: http://twitter.com/jluciani
blog:    http://www.luciani.org