Re: gEDA-user: nRF24L01+ symbol

On 05/03/2010 05:29 PM, George M. Gallant wrote:
    Dave,
    Attached is a symbol for the NRF24L01. I have not used it because
    I lack the tools/skills to populate the QFN package and the assembled
    modules are sufficient for my needs.

I've had pretty good luck hand soldering leadless ceramic oscillators whose pins look a lot like those on QFNs. Make sure the pads extend far enough beyond the body to allow good contact with the iron, use lots of flux and it should be fine. Main problem would be soldering to the central ground/thermal pad that most QFNs have though. That might require reflow, but a hotplate might work OK for that.

Eric