Re: gEDA-user: Double sided surrface mount pad

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 8:33 AM, George M. Gallant
<ggallant571@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   I recently designed a small board that contained multiple instances
>   of a devices that utilized copper on the bottom layer for heat
>   dissipation (not ground). I ended up using closed loop trace around
>   these large pads as a keep out fence. Is there a better way? Moving
>   the part requires manual synchronization.

In the device footprint I would make a keepout ring. Add four
rectangular pads around
the heatsink pad. Make them all the same pin number.

(* jcl *)

--
Closed Tools + Open Files != Open Hardware
You can't create open hardware with closed EDA tools.

twitter: http://twitter.com/jluciani
blog:    http://www.luciani.org