Re: gEDA-user: Database on symbols, footprints and other (was "Re: gattrib")

On May 6, 2010, at 11:38 AM, John Doty wrote:

> On May 6, 2010, at 11:26 AM, Edward Hennessy wrote:
>
>> I didn't know of another way to implement this function. GParts is looking
>> for where gEDA is installed in order to read gEDA's configuration files. I'm
>> not aware of another mechanism to locate where gEDA is installed. Suggestions
>> are welcome.
>
> http://www.seul.org/pipermail/geda-user/2009-December/022135.html
>
> If you need more, ask. I think it's all accessible to Guile scripts.

I would also note that you probably don't want to attempt to read the configuration files directly, as they are actually Guile programs dependent on definitions in libgeda. You'll need something like the flatten-gafrc script in the message above to interpret the files and yield up the data you want.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx