Re: gEDA-user: pcb 45 degree angles

On Wed, 2010-05-19 at 21:23 -0400, gene glick wrote:

> These particular traces are 8 mil, and the grid space is 1 mill.  I'm
> fairly certain that it connects to the right place, but it's as if the
> grid spacing is off by less than 1 mil so the trace is off kilter, ever
> so slightly.

I have seen similar problems multiple times, with 0.25 mm grid. Drawing
a long diagonal line in multiple segments will not always generate one
long line. I tried to select that line later, if only a part of the
diagonal line is selected, then it consist of multiple segments, so I
deleted it and redraw in one piece.

I think that is related to the well known rounding problems, which gives
sometimes 0.01 mil tiny line segments.

Using "/" mode for diagonal lines may help, I think I always used "_/"
mode.

Best regards,

Stefan Salewski