Re: gEDA-user: PolyStitch plugin

On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 01:33 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
> I needed to do some logos, so everyone gets a logo tool :-)

[snip]

> It can also be used to cut holes in a ground plane, by drawing the
> hole as a separate polygon then stitching it to the plane's polygon.

I'd caution against such usage, as the stitching will break proper
polygon trimming and possibly connectivity scanning. (More details on
geda-dev).

Use for logos should be fine - although "might" cause asserts with PCB
built for debugging. The stitching rather relies on a corner case of
polygon support, so let us know if you encounter any bugs..

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,