Re: gEDA-user: PCB GL Memory leak

On Sat, 2011-05-14 at 10:59 +0100, Thomas Oldbury wrote:
> After using PCB+gl for more than an hour or so on a basic 4-layer
>    board, it is using nearly 3.5 GB of memory, slowing the system to a
>    crawl and forcing it to page a lot of data. Is anyone else experiencing
>    this issue?

It is the PCB process which is swallowing the data? (Confirm with top,
gnome-system-monitor or your favourite resource tracking utility).

Check with "xrestop" how much X11 resources pcb is consuming.

I've not seen this myself (at least not recently), but it is possible
that I've not shut down a graphics context or something properly. It
could also be a driver issue.

What graphics card and driver do you use?

(Can be determined quite accurately if you post output from glxinfo and
a copy of your /var/log/Xorg.0.log)

Regards,

--
Peter Clifton