Re: gEDA-user: Reinventing the wheel

> Sorry for the OT bit, but v2 got a black eye from v3, commercially
> that is.  I know of two companies shying away from all gpl, because
> of the "or later" clause in v2 and how you can apply v3 to it.  Is
> that still in our gpl v2 license?

That phrase does not allow the user to change the licence, it merely
allows them to use terms from a newer one.  The license remains GPLv2
even if they do that.  However, it applies to *distribution* not
*reception* so if the company chooses v2.1 or v2.0 as their means, the
recipient cannot retroactively apply v3.0 to them.