Re: gEDA-user: Broken TO92 footprint

On Fri, 20 May 2011 08:31:46 +0200
Stephan Boettcher <boettcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Vanessa Ezekowitz <vanessaezekowitz@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > The TO92 footprint included with PCB does not work with the schematic
> > importer therein.  Try to reference it and the importer complains
> > about missing pins, because it uses numbered pins instead of the B-C-E
> > lettering used in gschem's transistor symbols.
>
> The TO92 package has well define pin numbers.  The mapping from
> transistor pins to footprint pins should happen in the schematic.

Perhaps, and as DJ says the actual mapping varies from one transistor type to another.  However, this particular footprint simply doesn't work for any Gschem->PCB use case, hence my replacement.

I can't fix the actual bug, so I fixed the symptoms. :-)

--
"There are some things in life worth obsessing over. ÂMost
things aren't, and when you learn that, life improves."