Re: gEDA-user: Solving the light/heavy symbol problem

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 9:09 AM, Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My proposal to tackle many of the library related issues is the notion
> of packages. These would be data structures that can contain all information
> relevant to an entity us humans like to build electronics from. Specifically,
> they may contain
>  * symbols
>  * footprints
>  * simulation models
>  * data sheets

Not clear to me if your proposal means the data sheets are included in
the distributed package?
If so, that most likely runs afoul of the company's copyrights and
would require permission from said copyright owner, for *each* data
sheet.
I've had to contact legal departments to use information in data
sheets in some of my work, and they've always been happy to grant such
access,
 but you still have to go through the time consuming steps.