Re: gEDA-user: Solving the light/heavy symbol problem

On 05/22/2011 11:40 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:
And if you gate-swap between packages, you then need to know which two
subcircuits get their gates swapped.

That might become an instance label like:
I1.1 for slot 1
I1.2 for slot 2

And since I don't use heirarchy, I can only assume it's even more
complicated than that;-)

I don't think specifying it is any more complicated.  Chip design software
does all this and it looks like module-name attrib attached to a symbol in the higher level
schematics, (none on a leaf instance), and instance numbers such as I1 or for convenience,
used with buss labeling, stacks of instances designated 11:16 or I1:32 with busses labeled
signal_a[0:31].

Implementing it may be harder than falling off a truck though...

John