Re: gEDA-user: Comments after successfully running gnetman . . . .

Hi Carlos/Stuart,

[snip]
>Hmmm. . . . it sounds like I need to better understand the data
>structure holding the attributes.  I'm looking at the stuff in
>x_multiattrib.c.  Is that the right place?  Ales, how are attribute
>name/value pairs stored?

	Actually, internally, I keep attributes in exactly the same
form as text and do not break up the name=value parts until the last
possible moment (when something attribute related needs the name or
value).

[snip]
>Interesting point.  The problem is likely the file format.  (Ales,
>correct me please if I a wrong.)   Here is the spice-include symbol as
>instantiated in one of my schematics:
[snip]

	I don't think the problem is a file format problem, since
gschem (in CVS) handles multi-line text okay.  What I think it is is
my start down the path of disabling multi-line attributes.

Carlos, please edit libgeda/noweb/o_attrib.nw and around line 1010,
please comment out that test (... o_text_num_lines(string) != 1 ...) and
try your patch again.  If that doesn't help, then I will need to think
of something else.  Luckily, this is the only spot that I added code to
disable the check for multi-line attributes.  I hadn't completed my work
in disabling them everywhere, so maybe commenting out that check will
be sufficient.

Also, when you are ready, Carlos, please send me the patch.  I think
that I would prefer the approach that Stuart suggested:  Single line
entry field by default and then a little button that either converts
the single entry into a multi-line entry or brings up a new dialog
with a multi-line entry.  This would have to be added in to places:
1) editing/adding attributes dialog box and 2) in the multi attribute
dialog box.

Thanks.

							-Ales