Re: gEDA-user: PCB: how to clear soldermask from entire footprint

> What if another 2 layers were added to PCB. When someone put a
> rectangle there, it would be excluded from the mask?

To do it right, we'd have to add a LOT more than 2 layers[*], and
redesign the whole layer management scheme in pcb.  I've mentioned it
to the other pcb developers but no actual work has been planned yet.

I'd rather not just hack yet another layer-fiddling feature in like we
did for outlines.

[*] layers for masks, silks, keep-outs, outline, fab, place, paste, etc.