Re: gEDA-user: PCB soldermask cutouts on solder side

On 11/13/05, John Luciani <jluciani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I want to hand-solder solid copper wires there so that the board can handle large currents. > >The component pads are not sufficient for that.
>
> Why not create a component with a single pad and a hole that matches
> the wire size you
> are using. Place one single-pad-component at each end of the trace
> that requires the large currents. This will be easier to solder to
> than the trace.

An easier way is to place a via. Place a via with different diameter
than others. Find the via in text editor and change the solder mask
clearance of that via.

I have "power via" and "signal via" on my board. "power via" has a
clearance so it can be filled with solder.

vax, 9000