Re: gEDA-user: PCB soldermask cutouts on solder side

Michael,

PCB lets you flip the board over and put parts on the back side. It also lets you flip parts (land patterns) from front to back and back to front. Do you need help in doing so? If the part is on the back side... it is the solder side solder mask that gets "holes drilled" in it to expose the pads.

Steve Meier

Michael Schewe wrote:

component side of my board is full of conventional components, no place for additional pads/vias or wires, thats why i wand to solder them on the bottom side.
As PCB lacks this feature and there seems to be no tool for me to merge the 2 gerbers, i decided to hand-merge them with a text editor. Was not very complicated as the 2. gerber only contained 2 polygon areas which used only 1 D-code and the polygons are 1:1 translated in the corresponding gerber commands.
You can open attached soldermask gerber file with gerbv to see the result if you want.

Michael