Re: gEDA-user: gnucap from perl?

On Monday 14 November 2005 10:17 pm, Dan McMahill wrote:
> Has anyone written a perl module for communicating with
> gnucap?
>
> I'd like to use gnucap for some very simple and very specific
> circuit optimizations and perl would probably work out well.
> I see that there is a ruby one, but I still haven't had time
> to learn ruby.
>
> Also is 'build' the prefered way to modify a transistor size
> and then resimulate?  My circuit is simple enough that most
> of the time is spent parsing a large model file and not on
> the actual circuit calculation so I want to avoid doing the
> parsing on each iteration which means I need to communicate
> with a single running gnucap session.

For now, yes.
You can make some changes with "modify" or "alter", but not that
one.  That will change.

"param" is coming, in the next development snapshot.  I have it
mostly done, but it needs a little more work before I can
release it.

Since gnucap is really interactive, param will let you change
values and rerun.