Re: gEDA-user: `' in PCB documentation confusing

> I have just seen my friend to look up the ChangeDrillSize command in the
> PCB doc and type it. He typed `ChangeDrillSize(...)' because that was
> written in the manual. It didn't work although he typed *exactly*
> according to the manual.

So, the fact that there was an example there that didn't have the
quotes didn't help?  Did he *exactly* type all the square brackets and
sample argument names too?

I don't think there's much we can do about people who blindly follow
documentation without a little bit of thinking.  I suppose we could
add *more* examples, but if the one that's already there doesn't help,
two won't help either.  Yes, I note that the example there is for a
different command.  Still, there's plenty of examples there, and none
include the quotes.  Plus, the X manual documents the translation
syntax in great detail, all we're doing is listing the functions we
make available.

> I suggest the `' to be removed from the manual because they are
> confusing.

We don't put them there.  The typesetting software puts them there.
All we put in is this:

@item ChangeDrillSize(Object, value[, unit])
@itemx ChangeDrillSize(SelectedPins|SelectedVias, value[, unit])