Re: gEDA-user: Newbie -- installation issues

OK, then it looks like you installed the GTK libs over and on top of
the libs which Sarge already had.   Is this true?  If this is the
case, then gEDA compiled expecting to see one library, but finds a
different library at run time.

Do this:

[sdb@Fermat lib]$ cd /usr/lib
[sdb@Fermat lib]$ ls -lrt | grep libgtk

This will print out the versions of gtk you have in this directory.

[sdb@Fermat lib]$ cd /usr/local/lib
[sdb@Fermat lib]$ ls -lrt | grep libgtk

This will print out the versions of gtk you have in this directory.

If you have two slightly different versions of libgtk -- one of which
you installed last night -- then delete the new one.  Also delete the
gEDA stuff you installed.  Then try again installing gEDA again.

THe basic idea is that you want one, unambiguous version of GTK to
both compile/link against, as well as to run against.

Stuart