Re: gEDA-user: Greetings! I am new here

> That is, gEDA is a mature design environment with enough power to
> enable low- to mid-level designs.  You can do 6 layer PCBs easily, and
> I think some people have done 8 layer boards.

I know of at least one person who did a 24 layer board with PCB.  You
have to recompile PCB after changing the MAX_LAYER macro, but it does
work.

> GEDA's layout tool, PCB, is very capable and powerful.  Some people
> complain about it's user interface, but those complaints are
> pertainent to older versions of the program.  It's been ported to GTK
> and now is reasonably easy to use.  It does present a little bit of a
> learning curve, but so does any powerful layout tool.

Well, some people complain about the new interface too.  You just
can't please everyone.

(I'm still working on the HID project, though, which may address this)