Re: gEDA-user: pcb refdes name restrictions?

> >The parser starts at the end, moving towards the start of the string and
> >strips off lower case characters until it encounters any non-lowercase
> >character, then it stops. Thus Rp4 will be a valid element name. This
> >has been documented in the manual for at least 5 years now since I first
> >wrote that code. From the pcb manual:
>
> 	It might be useful to put this information in gEDA/gaf's attribute
> guide under refdes as well.  Filed bug to remind us:

Yes, thanks, that's a good idea. It's at the schematic entry stage when
you're choosing refdes values, so it would be handy to mention it there,
even though strictly it's a pcb issue, not gEDA/gaf. Sorry I missed the
pcb manual bit - I could have saved myself and others some time and also
some noise on this list if I'd seen it.