Re: gEDA-user: gnucap BJT simulation detail level

On Sunday 05 November 2006 00:03, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
> Does the simulation of BJT in Gnucap also reproduce the effect of fT
> (transition frequency) decreasing with collector current decrease?

Yes.

It is the same as the Spice model.  Same parameters, etc.

The only part missing is "excess phase factor", the parameter "VTF"
which is accepted but not processed.  If you can provide a good test
circuit that proves its proper operation I will look at it.

You can plot the values of the internal capacitances, and see how they
change.  (feature that Spice doesn't have)

If you look at the source, you will see some parameters commented out.
These are HSPICE parameters that I was planning to support, but I am
deferring model work until the Verilog-A compiler is working.  Then
lots of new models automatically become available.  You will be able to
add them yourself, without recompiling the simulator.