Re: gEDA-user: bug or feature in recent versions of PCB?

Tomaz Solc wrote:

As far as I can see lesstif doesn't have this bug. But as I said, this
behavior is not deterministic, so maybe it's just less common than in GTK.

I don't see this behavior with either gui ever. Here is something I'd like you to try:

Go to the pcb/src directory and run:
./pcbtest.sh -gdb

at the gdb prompt type:

br ghid_pan_idle_cb
run

Now pcb should be up and running. Now set your settings and start drawing those rectangles. You should never hit the breakpoint unless the cursor leaves the the main drawing area while in the midst of drawing a line (i.e. you drag the drawing line outside past the window edge). The question is this:

Do you hit the breakpoint, or do you get the drawing errors without hitting the breakpoint?

If the breakpoint is hit (and you haven't moved the mouse pointer outside the drawing window while drawing a line), then I suspect some other application on your system is stealing focus for a moment and then returning it.

Let us know the results of the test.

Regards,
harry