Re: gEDA-user: bug or feature in recent versions of PCB?

Tomaz Solc wrote:

Hi everyone.

Recent versions of PCB (20060822 and also CVS head) seem to have this
weird feature which I'm unable to figure out:

Sometimes when I try to draw a line, the window automatically pans under
the cursor and the line is placed at some random location instead of the
point where I clicked.

In more detail, it goes like this: Press <F2> to select the line tool.
Click left button to place the start of the line. Move mouse to the
desired end of the line. Click left button. Window pans to some random
direction for a moment and the line end is placed at a wrong location
(usually right across some other line or element)

This happens only in one out of ten cases and is extremely annoying. In
fact it makes newer versions of PCB unusable for any serious work.

I can't find any options that would turn this off and I can't understand
how this feature is supposed to help me. I've checked the manual and
FAQ and I can't find anything about this.

Can anyone explain what is happening here? I am obviously missing
something since I can't believe such a bug could stay in the code for so
long.

are you moving the pointer far enough from the center of the screen that you're triggering the auto scrolling? Take a look at the ends of the crosshairs. They may or may not have little boxes on them. Right clicking toggles between auto scroll on and off.

-Dan