Re: gEDA-user: smd challenge boards

On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 12:20:53AM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
> Anyone get it working yet?  Anyone?  ;-)

I've started trying to put one of mine together, after buying some new
much pointier tweezers.

0402 is tricky, 0201 is hard but doable, but the 01005 are so small that
it's hard to actually tell if they're still there or not.  The first one
disappeared from the tweezers (with a tiny ping).  I'm not sure what
happened to the second one.  I think I might have had it soldered in
roughly the right place at one point, but moved it again.  By this time
my eyes were getting pretty tired, so I didn't start on the ones from
the spare kit.

On my wish/shopping list: better magnifier, finer iron tip, finer
solder.

Anyone have a good way of keeping at least the tiny board still while
working on it?

Chris