Re: gEDA-user: PCB artwork output

> PCB's auto-mirror option does the reverse of this, putting the toner
> away from the copper, and ticking "mirror" as well as auto-mirror does
> not reverse the behaviour.

Should it?  I've been thinking it's "mirror only the bottoms" vs
"mirror everything" but if the common usage is to XOR them, I can
change that.

> What is the intended interpretation of the layer identification text?

So you can tell which page is which, that's all.  I should move it out
of the scale/mirror/rotate code and just place it as a header.

It's really up to you to put text on the layers if you need
registration tests.

> Is it possible to add a scale function to PCB's output, such that I can
> make the .ps file say a few 0.1% (can't remember exactly) larger than
> real size? The tracing paper shrinks as it passes through the laser
> printer by a known amount, but when you finally print the .pdf (from
> windows they do it), the scaling options aren't as fine-grained as that.

The HID layer has a hook for this, but I've never added support for
it.  I just edit the .ps files and put a "scale" after the initial
"4.25 5.5 translate" which centers the board.