Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 21:36:35 -0500
From: "KURT PETERS" <peterskurt@xxxxxxx>
Subject: gEDA-user: Re: Wishes, bugs and misunderstandings (6-10)
To: geda-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Do you have an older version of gEDA/gaf installed? If so, uninstall or
hide it.
Yes, I have an older one installed.  I am not too sure how I'd go about
hiding it.  I don't want to delete it, since I don't plan on recompiling it
as well.

Did you set the necessary environment variables when you typed
make at the top level?  What are LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PATH, and PKG_CONFIG_PATH
set to?
No, I didn't do that.  I thought typing make at the top level sets that
automatically.  I will give that a try tonight.  Is there a place that tells
me what to set those?
 I will try these suggestions tomorrow (other than deleting the current
installation) and let you know if they work.

Thanks,
Kurt