Re: gEDA-user: Added PCB output to gnetman

Bill Cox wrote:
I added pcb output.

I haven't tested it on an real PCB designs, so there are probably some goobers. If you do use it, I'll try to support you.

Also, would anybody feel better about gnetman if I put it up on
SourceForge?

I started running datadraw with the parts and pieces you need and it seemed like a lot to do unless you develop on windows, but possible... then I've got stuck selling all my time since then... I would do some work on making it more usable if I could afford the time -- make it pay somehow, especially since all the improvement to the pcb user interface since back then.

What I'm doing for hierarchy is using john luciani's script pcb-matrix, with a little change to one line and a new variable added to make generated hierarchic layout to go with non-gnetman gschem hierarchic schematics.

Of course it isn't going to scale to make a good 500K gates viasic chip order.... but it's way easier than getting ready to use

I'll put a howto about my way of using pcb-matrix on gedasymbols.org in a minute.

John G