Re: gEDA-user: OpAmp with internally connected pins

> For logic symbols I use a separate power/gnd symbol.
> I have a script that creates the power symbols and removes hidden nets from
> the existing gschem logic symbols ---
>
> http://www.luciani.org/geda/util/util-index.html#create-np-symbols

What about the following idea?
1) Replace "net=xxx" attributes from all symbols winh something other, like "power=xxx" (an automated tool may use "power=" attributes  to guess what power symbol to use or create)
 or
2b) use small tool that will look for "power=xxx" attributes inside the symbol and add suitable external "net=xxx" attribure, possibly renaming VCC net from TTLs and VDD from CMOSes to +5Vd or so if user wants this.

Recently I had some problems with connecting VSS power supply of 4000 series CMOS chips to the ground net named GND. Simply connecting two power symbol to ground doesn't work.

Wojciech Kazubski