Re: gEDA-user: Multiple symbol gschem components

Ed & Angie S. <edangies@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I used grenum to initially set the bulk my reference designators.  This
> seemed to be the way to go since I had other components that were slotted
> and had U1 which used multiple symbols for which I manually set reference
> designator values prior to running grenum.  As I understand, grenum would
> not overwrite the preassigned reference designators like refdes_renum.
> Oddly, grenum seemed to work fine with the exception that it assigned U1 to
> an additional component even though U1 had already been used for my multiple
> symbol component.  Initially I thought this was the cause of the duplicate
> references above but manually changing the erroneous U1 assignment didn't
> fix the duplicate references problem.  I wanted to point this issue out in
> case there might be an issue with grenum.

Yes, it seems to be a grenum bug. Thanks for reporting it, I check it later
on. However, you can use the renumber mechanism inside gschem i.e.
Attributes->Autonumber text. Just run as it is at the first time, then clarify
slotted issues, then make sure you have the Override existing numbers
unchecked. I am the author of grenum, but I have to admit that I use the
Autonumber feature instead of grenum.

--
Levente
http://web.interware.hu/lekovacs