Re: gEDA-user: Free Dog gathering -- Sunday afternoon, Nov 11th in Kendall Sq, Cambridge (USA)

Stuart Brorson wrote:

> Some items on the agenda are:
>
> *  Google's Summer of Code -- plans for next year.

start early!

> *  Gerbv -- let's spin another release.

You may want to involve Julian Lamb in this.  He did some gerbv hacking
last February.  One thing which is probably worth straightening out is
that at least back then, there were two somewhat divergent branches of
gerbv in cvs.  There was the "stable" branch from which all releases
have been made and then there was the development on the trunk.  However
it does not appear that the model of "fix on the trunk, pullup fixes to
the branch" was always followed but I could be wrong about that.  My
feeling is it would be a benefit to all to make sure that the trunk was
at least up to being as good as the stable branch and then work from
there as there is some new code for new features on the trunk.

Also, at one point there were a number of patches up on sourceforge
which could use some looking at.

Whats really needed is for someone to step up and own gerbv.  Stefan has
done us a great service by getting gerbv to where it is, but he's
already asked for someone else to take over.  I've committed a few fixes
here and there, but am not really in a position to be able to devote any
time of any significance at all to it.  Just not enough hours in the day.

-Dan