gEDA-user: WARNING: Group move is corrupting data

The group-move feature of PCB seems to be corrupting data.  I discovered
that the vanishing refdes issue was not cosmetic.  I was using the
NetlistShow functionality I just connected in Lesstif to identify nets,
and I was getting crazy results.  I reverted the board and the refdes
text came back and the nets worked.  I tried to recreate everything I had
done in my previous (short) session to see when the problem occured.  When
I moved a group of 7 RC pairs, the adjacent set (in the file, and
numerically) of 7 RC pairs lost their refdes display.  Also, finding nets
on them returns shows that internally some part of PCB thinks they are
different components (the ones that moved).  They must be distinct data,
though, since the nets highlight individuall and reoptimizing the rats
still looks correct visually.

The good news is that it doesn't seem to screw up the save file (how it
manages that, I'll never know).

I'm going to go off and look at the buffer code (which is used for group
movement).

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>