Re: gEDA-user: LaTeX in schematics

Peter TB Brett wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I want to print some mathematics on a gEDA schematic, and was wondering if
> anyone has ever successfully used e.g. TeX markup in the EPS output to do
> so...
>
> Thanks,
>
>                                    Peter

I have not in gschem, but I have in tgif and it is wonderful!  In tgif,
there is a latex-eq symbol that you can instantiate.  Then edit a
particular attribute on the symbol, double click it and it runs latex,
dvips, pstoepsi and pulls in eps for printing and a bitmap for screen
preview.  You can script a complete rebuild of all latex equation
instances in a given tgif drawing too so you can batch process a bunch
of files.  About the only thing I see missing is it would be nice to
have a "process all out of date latex equation instances but only the
out of date ones" command.

I'd love to see something similar implemented in gschem.  That ability
is why I still use tgif for presentation quality schematics or block
diagrams.

-Dan