gEDA-user: Lost my custom pcb footprints.

DJ -

I've noticed a little change in the version of Pcb that I compiled after
pulling the code from the repository on 10/21 – the details:

     1. I have a number of self-written footprints in the
        directory /usr/share/pcb/newlib/local

     2. The directory is owned by root, the permissions for the
        directory are 755

     3. The files are all owned by root, permissions are 644 and all
        have the suffix “.fp”

The directory and the files were visible to the pcb tool prior to the
compilation on 10/21.

They are no longer visible.

I Have tried changing the Preferences → Library path to the directory;
No Joy.

I Have tried issuing pcb –element-path
“/usr/share/pcb/newlib/local” {board name}.pcb & - No Joy

I am NOT re-compiling the netlist – I am trying to update a single
component footprint.

Is there an “rc” file that I need to edit to include these shapes?

I would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks!

Tony Radice

tradice@xxxxxxxx

OS: Fedora 11; updated with latest yum patches.

Machine: 32 Bit / 2GB Ram