Re: gEDA-user: gEDA-dev: Arc intersection connectivity bug

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 01:42:33AM +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 17:03 -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > The file format and internal data formats support it, but there's no
> > way other than editing the file to set width and height to different
> > values.
>
> The OpenGL hid won't render that properly, but that is my bug ;). I just
> assumed rx == ry == radius, and clearly that might not be the case if
> people start editing their files manually ;)

Anyway, right now you won't be able to produce the corresponding
photoplotter files.

While as far as I know Gerber only allows circular interpolation:

http://www.artwork.com/gerber/274x/rs274xrevd_e.pdf

it may be possible to produce elliptical arcs by using the SF
command (scaling factor). Neither the PCB nor the Gerber file
format allow to describe ellipses with arbitrary orientation.

	Regards,
	Gabriel