Re: gEDA-user: trying to compile gwave 20090213

Hi all,

thanks for the many replies, and sorry for my silence, real life kept me
extremely busy these days. Here's a long e-mail with the answers to your
questions, and yes, the problem is still unsolved... :(

My motivation mainly was to update the ancient Gentoo gwave version...

Am Montag 16 November 2009 17:24:55 schrieb Stefan Salewski:

> No idea what guile-gnome-gtk2 may be, sorry.

I think this is actually part of guile-gnome-platform
http://www.gnu.org/software/guile-gnome/
If that is correct, then I have it installed.

> Have you installed guile 1.8 with deprecated use flag?
> This was necessary for gEDA/gaf 1.4.x but not really clear from
> documentation.

Not originally. I tried but it did not change anything.

Am Montag 16 November 2009 18:12:58 schrieb Chitlesh GOORAH:

> I've encountered a similar bug about 2 years ago with the fedora gwave
> package. Till then, I think I fixed it by setting  g-wrap-devel
> package as dependency of gwave.
>
> Try to install the development package : g-wrap-devel and launch gwave
>  again.

g-wrap is installed... and in Gentoo there are no separate -devel packages,
this is always included.

Am Dienstag 17 November 2009 11:31:39 schrieb Chitlesh GOORAH:

> Could verify if you have the same exact version as all of my dependencies :
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/scratch/chitlesh/task_1811142/logs/i686/root.
> log

That's kind of difficult to compare across distributions. In Gentoo terms, I
am using
x11-libs/gtk+-2.16.6
  (yours: gtk2-devel 2.18.3-21.fc12 - mine older)
dev-scheme/guile-1.8.6
  (yours: guile-devel 5:1.8.7-3.fc12 - mine older)
dev-libs/g-wrap-1.9.11
  (yours: g-wrap 1.9.11-4.fc12 - ~ok)
dev-scheme/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1
  (yours: guile-gnome-platform-devel-2.16.1-4.fc12.i686 - ~ok)
dev-scheme/guile-cairo-1.4.0
  (yours: guile-cairo-devel 1.4.0-8.fc12 - ~ok)
media-libs/plotutils-2.5.1
  (yours: plotutils-2.5-7.fc12.i686 - mine older)

I'll try to update guile and gtk+ (Gentoo has newer packages in the testing
branch).

> Are you launching gwave on the same machine you are compiling it ?

Yes.

> If this might help
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/gwave/devel/

Thanks, I'll go through it sometime in the near future. Has been some time
since I read my last .spec file. :-)

Best, Andreas

--
Dr. Andreas K. Huettel
Institute for Experimental and Applied Physics

tel. +49 151 241 67748 (mobile)
e-mail mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.akhuettel.de/research/