Re: gEDA-user: PCB: DRC segfault on a ratline

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 18:39 +0000, Ineiev wrote:
> Hello;
>
> I just fed tut1.pcb from PCB distribution to DRC and got another
> segmentation fault.

I tried it, and couldn't reproduce a crash, neither under gdb or
valgrind. What are the steps to reproduce?

Are you on Lesstif or GTK?

Admittedly I was testing on whatever GL version I've got build.. but
I've not hacked the DRC code about in that branch.

I'm willing to accept that the patch might be good, but I'm curious what
code-path was executing, and what the DRC error was which triggered the
issue.. why is a RATLINE playing a part in a DRC violation?

Do you have a back-trace?

>From my quick scan of find.c, I can't see any DRC checks which ought to
involve rat-lines.

As far as I can see, ignoring an object type - and just returning is
should not be fatal - unless perhaps the fact nothing is returned -
causes a crash elsewhere. If that is the case, I want to fix it.

Best wishes,

Peter C.