Re: gEDA-user: Switch gschem to another scripting language?

Hello all,

I'm trying to follow the list some time now and I feel I have to say
some thing about the ongoing discussion.

> Let me frown on this attitude again.
> Developers should never, ever think of users as dumb creatures whose
> feedback needs to be ignored.

    I think in some cases they should.  There is a such thing as a
user who is TOO unwilling to learn.  TOO unable to comprehend
concepts.  TOO much in need of dumbing-down and handholding.

    Let's not lose sight of the fact that this is a technical system.
We're not talking about an email program or a word processor here.
This is an electronic design automation software suite!  These users
are supposed to be technical in the first place!
I'm working as an engineer and do embedded hardware en embedded
software design. And everyone in our business must agree than there is
very much to keep up with (new processors, new concepts, new RTOS, you
name it). Therefore its not that I'm not willing to learn a different
programming/scripting language I simply do not have the time to do so
(or set other priorities if you like).
I choose gEDA/PCB because it is a powerful combination and so far I
like it. I'm even willing to contribute but the different languages
used makes it harder for me to understand what's what in gEDA. This
discussion help BTW.

OK so far my rant, Scheme is here to stay so I have to deal with it.
I'll do my best to learn.
BUT I have a small request:
PLEASE developers comment your code as much as possible!!!!
Yes, think of me as unable to comprehend, much in need of dumbing-down
and handholding if it come to commenting your code.

My philosophy: you are only just as smart as your ability to explain.

Just my $0,02
Regards, Robert