Re: gEDA-user: Some questions about pcb

On Monday 23 November 2009 15:27:23 Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:17:49 -0800, Anthony Shanks wrote:
> > 2. How do I move a refdes without moving the component?
>
> a) choose the arrow tool (ESC-key)
>
> b) Make sure, that
> 	Settings -> Lock_Names
>    is not set.
>    You may set Settings -> Only_Names to restrict all mouse actions to
>    text items only.
>
> c) Let the mouse hover over the refdes
>
> d) Drag the mouse with left mouse button held pressed down.

Make sure the refdes is unselected (white, not light blue) before left-click & drag.  For some
reason it won't allow you to move 'selected' refdes'.

> > 4. Is there anyway for ratlines to move with an component instead of
> > having to use the optimize rats command every time I move components
> > around?
>
> Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I don't know about the exact

Rubber banding ratlines only works on through hole components.  SMD's seem to have been forgotten.
Once you've routed a net rubber banding works as expected with SMD's.

-Mark Stanley