Re: gEDA-user: PCB not saving silkscreen when I try to make footprints

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 16:04:35 -0800, Anthony Shanks wrote:

> 1. Draw the silkscreen and pins (drawn with vias in the component layer)
> 2. Select all objects
> 3. Copy selection to buffer
> 4. Convert buffer to element
> 5. Save buffer elements to file

Thats ok.
(I do all my footprints that way)

> When i load the foorprint in PCB, the silkscreen is gone and all that
> remains is the pins.

The silk of footprints can only deal with lines and arcs. All the other
objects like polygons, rectangles and text are silently omitted. in some
cases, the inability to put text in footprints lead me to literary draw
letters with the line tool...

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak