Re: gEDA-user: ANNOUNCE: New gEDA Scheme extension API

On Friday 05 November 2010 11:09:39 Stephan Boettcher wrote:
> Peter TB Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > Obviously, since this is an unofficial branch, please don't submit
> > patches or bugs to the official gEDA trackers. ;-)
>
> What is the reason why this cannot be merged soon/immediately?  From the
> description is seems to be a clean addition, that should not interfere
> significantly with anything already available.
>
> And it is very usefull now.

There are still (potentially) a lot of bugs -- since sending my original e-
mail I have already found a couple of corner cases that weren't covered by the
testsuite -- and there are quite a lot of features that are still required to
make it properly useful.  Also, the existing legacy API in gschem (i.e. hooks
etc.) currently can't be used alongside the new Scheme API, so it needs to be
ported and the relevant functions re-implemented on top of the new primitives.

Still a way to go, I'm afraid. ;-)

                              Peter

--
Peter Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>