gEDA-user: PCB: Different solder mask clearance on top and bottom layers?

Hello,

I'm working on a design with a largish (23x23 @ 0.8mm pitch) BGA chip,
with vias to accomodate the fanout of the inner rows of pins.

Now I would like to have these vias covered by the solder mask on the
top layer (where the BGA device sits), but not on the bottom layer --
the latter so that I have easy access to the device's pins for testing
purposes.

Is there a way to change the solder mask on only one side of the board,
but not the other side? When I use the K key over a via, the solder mask
changes on both sides.

Thanks already,

Best regards,

Richard Rasker