gEDA-user: Re: gEDA: Pre-Alpha-1 Release of Icarus Verilog Interactive

Hi Matthew,

I've used iverilog for a while and have wanted to help.
Your effort seems like an area for me to dive right in.

Is there someway I can contribute to your effort ?

thanks,
rohit

> Hi All,
>    I'm writing to announce the Pre-Alpha-1 release of Icarus Verilog
> Interactive.
>
>    Icarus Verilog Interactive (IVI) is a graphical front-end for the
> Icarus Verilog simulator by Stephen Williams. IVI allows you to
> interactively explore, simulate, and debug your Verilog design.
>    IVI is designed to be extensible. IVI uses a plugin architecture that
> should make it reasonably simple for interested parties to write
> extensions such as file-format import/export filters or
> data-visualization tools.
>    IVI uses the TCL scripting language as its automation and
> user-interaction language. The core of IVI is implemented in C++ with
> interfaces to TCL.
>
>    The initial (limited) release of IVI allows you to do the following:
>    - Load and simulate verilog designs compiled by Icarus Verilog for
> the VVP simulator.
>    - Browse the structure of your design.
>    - Select signals from the design to trace in the waveform window
>    - Simulate the design for an arbitrary period of time.
>    - View the signals in the waveform window in hex, decimal, octal,
> binary, or string radix.
>    - Save the setup of the waveform window to a file. The waveform
> window may be configured from this file in future simultion sessions.
>

>    The homepage for IVI is: http://ivi.sourceforge.net
>    There is a getting-started tutorial on this page with screenshots:
> http://ivi.sourceforge.net/getting_started
>    Instructions for building IVI are located at:
> http://ivi.sourceforge.net/building
>
>    A specially-patched version of Icarus Verilog is required for use
> with IVI. Source is available at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ivi
>

> Regards,
> Matthew

Thanks !!
Rohit

"Only the paranoid survive" - Andy Grove